In partnership with the Institution Of Lighting Professionals alongside the Society Of Light And Lighting, the Lighting Design Awards is an established calendar highlight for luxury lighting professionals across the UK. Attended by nearing 1000 people each year, the ceremony is a celebration of the boldest and most innovative work across the lighting industry for everyone from designers, through manufacturers, to clients.
With a rigorous judging process involved, the Lighting Design Awards has maintained a reputation as one of the most prestigious events of its kind. All the projects entered are examined by a distinguished group of lighting experts, and every project shortlisted for an award is visited so that the reality of each instillation can be judged.
The categories for the Lighting Design Awards are as follows:
- Architectural Luminaire Interior
- Architectural Luminaire Exterior
- Hotel and Restaurant Project of the Year
- Leisure Project of the Year
- Retail Project of the Year
- Heritage Project of the Year
- Workplace Project of the Year
- Community and Public Realm Project of the Year
- Daylight Project of the Year
- Integration Project of the Year
- Light Art Project of the year
- Architect of the Year
- Lighting Design Practice of the Year
- Lighting Designer of the Year
The event also sees the annual announcement of 40 Under 40: 40 names from across the lighting industry pioneering it towards the future.
With the 2018 ceremony set to take place on 3rd May next year, the Lighting Design Awards are once again open for submissions.